The cornea graft in three steps
The cornea graft
The operation is carried out as an outpatient procedure in the same way as for a cataract operation. You enter the clinic on the morning of the operation and you can return to your home the same evening.
It consists of :
* Grafting of healthy endothelial cells
* Removing the diseased endothelial layer by a small incision
* Inserting a ‘lamella’ -a thin layer of cells- carrying healthy endothelial cells through the incision
* Keeping this lamellae placed on the inner face of the cornea thanks to an injection of an air bubble which evacuates itself in a few hours
Post operation :
The surgical processes are generally almost painless. A feeling of "grains of sand" is common during the first few hours. Headaches are possible.
The postoperative treatment is local (eye drops) and it lasts 9 months. The objective is to prevent post-operative infection and reduce the risk of rejection.
During the week following the operation, you must:
* Avoid dusty environments
* Do not rub your eye
* Disinfect your hands often with a hydro-alcoholic gel, especially when instilling eye drops
Your post-operative follow-up will consist of several check-up visits: the day after the operation, 8 days after, 1 month after, 3 months after, 1 year after, and then every year.
Spécialiste du Segment antérieur de l’oeil, la clinique du Docteur David Donate s’inscrit comme une référence en chirurgie réfractive : laser, poses d’implants, incisions cornéennes. Le Docteur David Donate intervient également pour prévenir et guérir vos différentes pathologies. Notre cabinet d’ophtalmologie vous accueillera également pour vos rendez vous péri-opératoires et s’assurer de la bonne santé de vos yeux.